Student Blogging and the 2012 Election with Libby Gray Brien: Free Webinar
Blogging and the 2012 Election: How to motivate students to share their voice on important election issues through blogging.
October 16, 2012
Blogging and the 2012 Election
The year’s presidential election presents a unique opportunity to inspire a generation of future voters. By creating authentic learning experiences, we can encourage students to have their voices heard on what matters most to them. In this session, middle school teacher Libby Gray Brien talks about how to utilize blogging as an authentic outlet for expressing individual views on election issues. Whether you are already using blogs in your classroom or you’re a newbie, Libby’s experience and expertise will demonstrate the most effective ways for students to share their voice inside and outside of the classroom walls.
- Walk away from this session with:
- An easy guide to get your students blogging effectively.
- Tips for teaching your students digital citizenship skills including how to write for a global audience and proper forms of feedback.
- Ideas for how to use blogs to assess student understanding of concepts.
- Information about how your students can apply to become OLE Citizen Journalists for a chance to be featured on the Pearson OLE Election Series blog and win cool prizes including an iPod Touch.
Register today for this free webinar and get your students involved in the election!